Fix warnings ignored by Jenkins
We have a couple of warnings which are ignored by Jenkins. That makes the output harder to read and sometimes the parser does show it as warning.
1) cl : Command line warning D9002 : ignoring unknown option '-msse2'
This is caused by the fact that gmx_find_cflag_for_source in cmake/gmxFindFlagsForSource.cmake isn't checking for warnings when checking for the flags. We could use CheckCCompilerFlag.cmake which does check for warnings to fix this. Or is this done on purpose? Alternative we could also simply not add flags for x86-64 on Windows. Or we could disable the D9002 warning.
2) command line remark #10010: option '/GX' is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. See '/help deprecated'
Cause by cmake prior to 2.8.9. Workaround was removed by commit b2074da10d30de. We could either undo the commit, suppress the warning or use a newer cmake version for ICC on Windows.
3) direct access in  to global weak symbo  means the weak symbol cannot be overridden at runtime.
I don't really understand why we get that warning.
#6 Updated by Teemu Murtola over 4 years ago
- Category set to build system
- Target version set to 5.0
The first should now be fixed. The second should only require a change in Jenkins, not in the code. The third could be handled in the linked separate issue. So I propose this is closed after the second is done.
Set the target version based on where the code changes for the first issue were done.