fix FindNVML for CUDA 8.0
- library stub at
- header at
Hence, starting from this release detection of the GDK is not necessary anymore which greatly simplifies things and makes NVML more widely available. Hence, we should consider extending our FindNVML for a future r2016.x release.
#3 Updated by Mark Abraham over 3 years ago
- Tracker changed from Task to Bug
- Subject changed from extend FindNVML for CUDA 8.0 to fix FindNVML for CUDA 8.0
- Status changed from New to Accepted
- Target version set to 2016.4
- Affected version - extra info set to all GROMACS versions, but only with CUDA 8+
- Affected version set to 2016.3
This is a bug, because a user with CUDA 8 should not be required to install the separate GDK, because from CUDA 8 it is not distributed separately. This was probably not clear when the issue was opened.
For a bug fix, setting a target version when accepting makes sense even if not planning/able to work on it right now. There's always one open for branches that are being maintained, and bumping a handful of outstanding known issues to the next bug fix release is reasonable.
Otherwise, leaving a blank target and no affected version gives us no good way to find it in the large number of open issues. (Those issues also include a lot of "wish list" tasks that look the same to the database.)