stop using cute abbreviations in help files
For example, gmx traj has the text "-[no]mol Index contains molecule numbers iso atom numbers" where I guess iso means instead of.
Hard enough for anyone to figure out if they have not encountered it before. Basically impossible for people less familiar with the english language. We should use full words that can be looked up in a dictionary wherever possible.
This text exists in 5.1.2 and also a recent git pull.
- Tracker changed from Feature to Task
- Status changed from New to Accepted
Agreed (I wasn't aware iso was used in user facing text).
I found "iso" also in gmx_hbond and gmx_cluster.
Are there more cute abbreviations?
There is another in a fatal error about .hdb files:
gmxpreprocess/h_db.cpp: gmx_fatal(FARGS, "Error in hdb file %s:\nWrong number of control atoms (%d iso %d) on line:\n%s\n", fn, hack->nctl, ncontrol[hack->tp], line);
- Status changed from Accepted to Fix uploaded
- Assignee set to Berk Hess
- Target version set to 2018
Yes, a proper grep also gave that one.
I fixed them all now.
- Status changed from Fix uploaded to Resolved
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
Also available in: Atom