Release checklist » History » Version 2
Mark Abraham, 06/12/2018 03:45 PM
h1. Release checklist
* add new redmine version targets
* bump bugs that won't get fixed in time to next version (or untag a version number)
* merge in appropriate branches from earlier releases
* announce release schedule - give devs a week or two to fix things they intended to fix, provide links to gerrit and redmine pages for that branch/version
* consider bumping shared object version - see cmake/gmxVersionInfo.cmake for policy
* check for new GROMACS papers that should be mentioned in source and manual
* run release workflow a few days in advance to check things work
* Mark get that script out: upload source tarball to FTP site, give correct permissions, check link works.
* update News on front of GROMACS web page - http://www.gromacs.org/
* TODO make notes of what goes into this commit and the one that follows the tagged commit - tag the commit from which the tarball was made, and do explicit upload to gerrit.gromacs.org repo, also update REGRESSIONTEST_BRANCH if needed (major release)
* bump version in git in the commit following the tag.
* push tags to gerrit repo
* check tags propagate to gromacs and github
* post on gmx-users and gmx-announce.
* post on Google+ and Facebook pages
* thank gmx-developers.
* bump/close/update open redmine issues
* close completed redmine versions
TODO some recent examples of post-release emails